I have a 1977 Dodge Power Wagon, Crew Cab, 4x4, Auto Trans with a 360. I was driving down the road the other day about 50 MPH and lost drive or 3rd gear. Every once in a while it will show up again. any ideas. Trans was rebuilt about 1000 miles ago. Thanks, Mike

10

Asked by Jul 25, 2014 at 08:29 PM about the 1977 Dodge Power Wagon

35,405

Dose it use vacuum to shift.

10

BoholMark - Good Question. I ran this question by a friend and he said to look for a hose going from the tranny to the carb for air but can't seem to find one

35,405

Look for a round vacuum valve a little bit larger then a silver dollar on the side of the transmission with a rubber vacuum line coming off it callled a modulator valve.

10

BoholMark - Looked and looked but can't seem to find the vacuum valve. I'm going to see if I can find a diagram on the internet to lead me right to it.

10

BoholMark - I confirmed there is not a vacuum valve.