Heater issue passenger side blows cold air

Asked by Mar 14, 2018 at 12:43 AM about the 2013 Dodge Avenger

I've recently purchased a 2013 Dodge Avenger,
118k miles. I feel heat coming from the vent near
the driver side window. The middle vents along
with the passenger side window vent only blows
almost a/c cool air. I've researched several
websites, concluding that the heater issue may be
a manufacturer defect. Any advice on fixing this
issue?

70

James, i have same issue blows cold a/c out middle and passenger side vent, but the middle and side vent blows warm air...did u fix problem

70

Driver side vents

70

The problem is the heater core is mounted at about a 30 degree angle with the hoses on the bottom. This allows any air in the system to accumulate at the top, effectively reducing the usable size of the heater core. The way I solved the problem was to jack the drivers side as high as possible and removed the upper (as they come through the firewall) heater hose and inserted a funnel. Then I removed the air bleed screw on the thermostat housing. I refilled the coolant system through the heater hose/funnel. Once coolant began to flow from the air bleed without air I replaced that screw. I started the engine and continued to fill until coolant flowed from the heater pipe where I had removed the hose and then capped the pipe with my thumb. I continued to attempt to fill the heater hose, holding it as high as possible. When I could not fill any more, I reinstalled the hose as quickly as possible to allow as little air as possible from reentering the system. I filled the coolant reservoir, and continued to get the engine to normal operating temperature and ensured the reservoir was appropriately filled. Keep in mind that any time the system is opened or leaking, the symptoms will return until as much of the air is removed from the system again.