Engine stability warning light

Asked by Mar 17, 2019 at 07:44 PM about the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox

I was turning to park up a steep hill and that's when
my stability engine something trouble light came
on. I am a single mother so I am hoping this light
has disappeared by the time I have to leave in the
morning. My car was driving perfect until I tried to
pull a hill.

My wife bought this car used. It seemed like a good car. Everything checked out. Oil was full. Not long after I noticed the oil was low. I added the expensive dexos oil it required. Not long after that it was low again. I went to Chevy and they told me it was normal for your car to burn one quart of oil every 1000 miles. Now the car is burning 2 quarts of oil all the time. We have two young kids and we both work hard. We don’t make the best money but we contribute. We are honest hard working Americans. My wife was recently diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer at age 33. She is going through chemo and still working when she can. To bad her 2011 equinox burns oil and now gm is admitting there is a problem with the equinox that they are willing to fix under certain conditions. Conditions which no 2011 equinox owner can meet now that the car is older than 7 years 6 months. Her car has 110000 miles so it meets that condition but it’s just to old sorry American mom with husband two kids and breast cancer. Don’t you think since it took you 4 years to figure out there was a problem you should extend the time a little bit longer or look over the fact that the car has over 120000 miles for the poor American consumer who tried to support a floundering American company during a time they needed help. Remember when you failed because you weren’t good at something and the person who was better won making you try harder to succeed or give up. Now if you fail they pat you on the back and say you’ll get it next time, never mind all the people you hurt by failing. Remember when houses were a fair price and you could achieve the American dream and not have to live in fear that you or your wife might lose there job which pretty much means game over since your mortgage takes most of your monthly income. What if you wanted to be single. It’s almost impossible. The only way I can think to fix the car problem is to pawn it off on some other poor soul which I believe gm wants you to do, which I will not be doing. I just can’t bring myself to put someone else in this position, and just think I would just be screwing one person. I wish gm thought like I did and just told anyone that bought one of these crap cars to bring it in no matter the age or mileage because we stand behind our product no matter what good or bad. Evil is on top of its game these days since making a lot of money seems to measure how smart and successful you are. Good people of America who still exist try to only support good companies by working for them and run from companies who thrive on confusion and dishonesty. Maybe it will restore the American middle class and truly make America great again. Start a small business if you have the means and don’t support big business especially due to a name which seems to be all that is left from the great American companies that once were. Just my two cents from a true 36 year old American electrician/ contractor trying to support a family in modern America. Please pray for my wife and I’ll return the favor by saying a prayer for all the other hard working honest Americans trying to live a happy life in an America run by big business. Maybe next time the bubble pops failure will mean failure and new better companies will rise in there place. To the large companies money isn’t everything, just because your life is peachy doesn’t mean you are great. You are ruining America for your children and grandchildren, not that you care.