1995 passport troubleshoot slow leak in manual transmission

Asked by Oct 22, 2016 at 10:59 AM about the 1995 Honda Passport

Loosing fluid in the clutch

260

Hydraulic clutches are similar to hydraulic brakes . They consist of a clutch master cylinder reservoir ,slave cylinder and a hose I can't remember if that slave cylinder is in the bell housing at the clutch or external but look for signs of external leaks of fluid under the vehicle . I'd start under the hood at the reservoir where you fill woth fluid and travk that line to the slave cylinder . If it's in the bell housing look for signs of fluid at amd around transmission /bell.housing .of you can n ot see any leaks open your drivers front door , look up under dash board behind pedals ,pull back the rubber mat or carpet and see of you have fluid coking down the firewall and up under carpet /mat . If so you need to replace the clutch master cylinder ...it's usually 2 bolts /1 line .not very difficult . Then have some one help you bleed the air out of the systems when you have it replaced amd refilled . If slave cylinder is in bell housing you will see a bleeder screw coking from the side of the bell housing loosen that screw wait for fluid to start dripping close bleeder screw (make sure you check fluid after each operation ,they don't hold much and if you run it empty you will have to start bleeding the system all over again . After the initial dripping starts .refill ...have some one ouch on the clutch slowly as you begin losses ing bleeder screw you should see a few bubbles /air .then tighten bleeder screw also. Make sure who ever is working the clutch pedal only depresses and releases the pedal on your mom and as in depress.pedal and hold it down until you loosen and retigyten .then they can release .or again you will introduce air into the system if they don't follow your directions .. Good luck