Honda Passport 1997 Transmission?

20

Asked by Jan 07, 2013 at 03:40 PM about the 1997 Honda Passport 4 Dr EX 4WD SUV

So just the other day i put my honda passport into drive and everything seemed normal but after driving a block or
so the transmission seemed to just stop working and the engine just rev'd up and didnt move the car. so i pulled it
over turned it off and turned it back on and it drove for another block and did the same thing. Any ideas? thanks in
advance.

1,155

It doesn't sound good. Check the tranny fluid level. Check it when you've driven a few miles & the fluid is warm. If you can't drive it. Check it cold. There still should be some fluid on the stick it just won't be the proper level.

20

On these particular vehicles (isszu made) there is no tranny dip or fill cap.... could it just be the fluid? I'm stressin out about a tranny overhaul...

1,155

If you haven't seen any Tranny fluid where you park, then a overhaul or replacement is a possibility. I guess my questions are: How many miles are on the Honda & when was the last time the tranny filter (screen) & fluid were replaced?

50

debra62759@gmail.com I bought a 2001 honda passport suv 4x4 lx and in a day the tranny was slipping. i text the people told them i wanted my money back. they did not answer, now the honda will get up to 20mi will go in reverse. i not did know at first that the honda title is in one name and the bill of sale is in a man's names the date is not true and i look up his name and i can not find him. they did text back cause i told them i will get them for fraud. now they said they will pay for half why should i pay for half i gave them 4,000 for it,tires are dry roted cd and tape does not work.they said everything works. do you got a answer

Quiero preguntar mi honda passport 1997 mi novia aceleró mucho y subió la revoluciónes del motor y al pararlo no acepta la reversa,que puede ser??