What do you think of the 2009 Dodge Challenger?

Asked by CarGurus Dec 01, 2008 at 01:10 PM about the 2009 Dodge Challenger

What is so great about this car? Have you ever driven one?

Having riden in one...these cars own all face

15

I am putting off buying a house to buy an R/T with Track Pak

Typical US 'muscle' car. Looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp, and goes around corners like a broken shopping trolly.

35

Uh... Robin maybe you should test drive one before you talk about handling... i could probably go around any curve you gave me at twice the speed of the car that you drive. Not to mention i can stop my car in astonishingly short didstances considering it weighs 2 what my neon does and will stop in less distance. And as far as styling goes maybe you could offer up some better styled cars that have been releases recently. This car looks exactly like what the consumers want it to look like which is why they are selling for over MSRP in the worst economic times the Auto Industry has seen since the late '70s

115

Robin I don't think you have ever ridden or driven a real car before. To show you some real cars check out http://www.ricehatersclub.com/

I am the proud owner of an '09 6speed R/T and this is by far the best car I have ever owned. It is extreamly well put together, everything fits tight and feels right. It a great car!

45

these new srt8's are beast. rode in one with my buddy and was surprised at the handling for a muscle car. also, as you accelarate, it doesnt show signs of giving up, it keeps pushing. great car

25

It is an awesome!!! car and its come a long way. However, the Jeep SRT8 can beat it. That leaves a problem because a SUV shouldnt beat this kinda of muscle car.

I am typically a big fan of the classic car and not much a fan of the modern replica's of the old models, but this one by far, is pretty close to the original. It looks really good and I bet it drives even better! If I were to own it, I would choose it, with the orange and black stripes. Very sharp!

If only they had the good ol' stock color of Panther Pink! If I can't have a '73, I would settle for this one.....!!!!!

absolutly beautiful

5

any man who doesn't like this car is probably driving a skoda

:) No offence. But I am English. Styling... Very American tastes, typically OTT. Handling. Not tried one, going off Top gear test... And even if it didn't do corners they said it was alot of fun :) My tastes... Well Not "Bulldog pissing on nettle". I prefer clean lines rather than "Built like a tank". I'll take an Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Ferrari or even a BMW, Audi any day. But I'll give you its VFM. Me I ride a Honda Hornet, and have a Volvo for when I need a car.

Robin, no offense but u are a little bit too queer to comment this car.

this is my dream car

To Martin. When exactly did the midlife crisis start?

15

This car is a piece of pure craftsmanship.

125

This Car Is Absolutely AMAZING! This is my dream car and I want it more than anything.

65

I own a Brilliant crystal black pearl 2009 R/T challenger. Absolutely love it. Hwy MPG is around 24 and city (if I keep my foot out of it) is around 17-18. Handles like a dream. Absolutely no problem taking a curvy highway at 80 mph. This car can throw you back in your seat!!!! I was driving 60 the other day stood on the gas and the seat slammed into my back. Dodge did an absolutely wonderful job bringing back this amazing car. You can even get the old cuda style hood for it if you want. Anyway can't say enough about this absolutely great muscle car. I'll be putting a cold air intake on and will have it put on a dyno to find out just what kinda horsepower is under the hood. Hope you guys get to see this incredible machine sometime. l8r.

my fav . :)

35

not many people give credit were it is due on this car. think about it has 55 less hp then a corvette with 505hp. and 250 from its older sister the viper.. not a bad car..

35

Gavin... i wish my 2008 SRT got the mileage you are gettin... oh well its worth all the gas it takes cause i can do whatever i feel like whein i am in that car.

Gotta love it!

45

I like this car.

5

i absolutely think this car sucks and needs to be put in a junkyard it drives like a granny-mobile

Reminds me of the old days looked at one in moncton last week expensive 51 g,s but what a car.

5

\m^m/

Such a sexy car n soo impractical... But if u had the money u'd hav 2 hav 1 for sure...

5

I would love to have a srt8 challenger sitting in my driveway beside my new camaro and my 67 camaro. Life couldnt get any better

25

wow what a motor if only i had the money to have one"

15

best car

35

i want this car to come to australia, please somebody send it here, i want one

5

cool car , send me one

40

What ought to be an option is to have a v8 available in the entry-level model. Not everyone can afford the 'muscle' versions, and as good as the six is, it's still just a six cylinder engine. What the manufacturers completely ignore over and over again are the people who'd prefer a 'sleeper'.