'98 Ford Contour has no transmission dipstick

Asked by Feb 12, 2017 at 04:32 PM about the 1998 Ford Contour

How do I check the transmission fluid level
and add fluid when there is no dipstick
option on my '98 Ford Contour 2.0 manual?

75,555

There is a plug that needs to be pulled to check and add to it. It is best to just go to a garage to have it checked.

Understood, however I'm going to do my own automotive work as usual. I've dealt with the same problem on a newer Explorer with success. I just want find out the proper procedure for this model before i get into it. Im limited to online info only right now, and there's not much. I hear rumor that there is a sight plug on the side. I have the pump to get the fluid in from the Explorer; do you have any details I can use please?

75,555

I think you have a handle on it.