2001 Chrysler Neon has EGR Valve???

25

Asked by Mar 26, 2014 at 11:08 PM about the 2001 Chrysler Neon

Hello again my friends.
A few days ago, I posted a question on this forum about a problem that I´ve been having on my Neon.
It always idles high, at about 1200 rpm, and sometimes, when it gets hotter, for some moments the idle can reach the 2000 rpm.
Now, a member of this group, named Mark, told me to clean the EGR valve.
For the symptoms the car is giving, that makes a lot of sense, but the problem now, is that I´ve been trying to locate the EGR valve, and I haven´t been able to find it anywhere on my car´s engine.
Even after searching a lot of Neon engine designs on the internet.
Could it be possible that my Neon model does not have one?
My Neon is a 2001 Chrysler, 1.6i DOHC petrol engine, european model.
And by the way:
Does anybody has a user Chysler Neon Service Manual for the 2001 model?
Any help will be greatly apretiated.
Thanks in advance.

10,375

i did some research.. and apparently, your car is not equipped with one. News to me :)

10,375

What I've been finding is that after 2000, they stopped designing EGR valves into the emission system on the vehicle. So now the next question.. what is wrong with your car!

Best Answer
25

Hi Mark. Yes, that´s exactly what I thought. In the mean time, I was able to download the Neon Service Manual, but I didn't find any reference to this kind of symptoms in it. Besides having a high idle, the engine is making a lot of smoke, and the car loses power and hesitates when climbing. This is really annoying, especially for a car that has been such a great machine. So, as I told you on my other post, the OBD codes are: P0181 P0507 P1654 P21211B Do you have any ideia about the meaning of the last two codes??? Thanks a lot for your attention...

10,375

A P1654 code = Recirculation Override Circuit Malfunction. I'm working on it!

25

Hmmm, Recirculation Override Circuit Malfunction!!! What the heck could that mean? Could it have anything to do with the Fuel Pressure Regulator? Mark. tell me something: I have found and downloaded the Neon Service Manual, but I have read somewhere about a Neon repair manual. Do you know if this repair manual really exists? And if yes, where can I download it? Best regards