2001 Chrysler Neon with high Idle RPM

Asked by Mar 22, 2014 at 02:21 PM about the 2001 Chrysler Neon

Hello everyone.
I have a Chrysler Neon 1.6i from 2001.It´s been a great car, until a few weeks ago, when I´ve started notisting the idle getting higher then normal.
At the same time, the engine light turned on since then.
Now, it idles at around 1200 rpm, and sometimes it gets to 2000 rpm.
A mechanic friend of mine used it´s OBD diagnostic scanner, and it gave four OBD codes:
What could this be?
Some of the OBD codes are codes that I could not even find any definitions for them.
Any help would be highly apreciated.

Mark Grignon

A high idle typically means you have a vacuum leak. Could be at the intake manifold, or at the base of the throttle-body or simply a vacuum line. Stuck EGR valve? Check this following link for more info. http://www.obd-codes.com/p0507

Hi Mark. Thanks alot for your answer buddy. I will take your advise into consideration when I start to diagnose the componentes one by one, to see if I can find the cause of the malfunction. But tell me: What do you think about the coolant temperature sensor in this case? Can it also be in anyway related to this kind of symptoms? Another thing that is intriguing me, is that P0181 OBD code. It means that there's something wrong with the fuel temperature sensor. What's your opinion about this?