Horn chirp

Asked by Jan 30, 2011 at 02:30 PM about the 2001 Chrysler Neon

Hi - I recently bought a 2001 Neon.  Has two keys but no fobs.  Central locking does not work or is not fitted.  However, the horn chirp goes off unexpectedly - usually in the middle of the night.  The only mention in the manual is that it can be turned off using the fob, which I don't have.   Does anyone know why it does it, and what I can do to prevent it?  Thanks for your help. Nicky x

1,645

you might have an issue with the RKE module (its in the dash) unfortunately without a DRBIII tool its hard to diagnose something like this. Usually a dealer can program new FOB's for the car as well as figure out of the RKE is malfunctioning.