check engine light comes on intermittently

10

Asked by Oct 11, 2010 at 11:21 PM about the 2007 Mitsubishi Triton

the check engine light is coming on intermittently... on yesterday, off today. It
seems to come on when I accelerate to overtake, but only sometimes. Power loss
results. I live in Cambodia and so service, and quality of service is very limited. Will
it damage the engine if left unchecked? Is there a quick fix available? The car has
done 32,000 km's and is 2 1/2 year old. Serviced regularly but as I say,
questionable quality. many thanks

20

yeah, seems that it happen to me too, dunno what cause it, happen every time i hits bump or accelerate, when the check engine light appear...u can feel ur engine power loss. Just my luck because my truck milage @ 80,000km i send it to mitsubishi service centre for major service. Ever since then..no more check engine light appears, even i accel or hit bump. Now my mileage almost 90,000km and it just smooth like new, hopefully nothing happen after major service.

10

thanks mitsu. The problem seems to have gone away, at least until the next time. Mitsub. cambodia want to replace an electrical component which they say will take 4 hours.... I think I will live with it...