Geo Tracker Motor missing when throttle is decreased.

Asked by Dec 13, 2015 at 11:08 AM about the 1993 Geo Tracker

My 1993 Geo Tracker 5 speed still misses when RPM is above 2400 RPM and you slightly let out of throttle. I have put new ECU computer, plugs, plug wires, distributer cap, rotor button, and sea foam and the motor still skips when RPM is above 2400 and you slightly decrease from the throttle. Its driving me crazy. I appreciate the few responses from prior post but still have the miss. Any more suggestions?

745

You should check your timing belt and its tensioner. It sounds to me like it is loose enough to through off cam and distributor timing at engine unload from 2400rpm...