what size engines fit into a 1995 dodge neon

Asked by Aug 30, 2013 at 08:43 PM about the 1995 Dodge Neon

i want to make my car faster useing a bigger engine i would like to know what vehicle
i can take one out of and will fit in with least amount of alterations

1,705

Stick with he stock 2.0L, if you have the SOHC you could go with the DOHC, get an extra 18 horsepower, but you're going to wind up with some significant modifications otherwise. To say that you want to put a bigger engine in with the least amount of alterations is like saying you want 6-pack abs without going to a gym. Modify the 2.0L.

6,845

can put in a 2.4L DOHC, can take it out of a 95-99 stratus or sebring. Some alterations with motor mounts are needed but the 5 speed manual getrag will hook right up = FUN, or contact me I can give you the recipe for more power if you have a SOHC or DOHC depends on how deep your pockets are, my SOHC 2.0L was 197 HP and I put in about 600 bucks

1,705

The 2.4L doesn't make sense, as it's heavier than the 2.0L and only has 150hp... Not worth swapping if you're looking for a significant power gain. Again, tune the 2.0L.

2.4 not worth it? Ever driven one? You would be extremely surprised at the amount of difference it makes. Very very simple swap

Lol. I just realized this was 3 years ago

Im interested in this swap for a buddy. Its round track. What kind of stroker kits are recommended?

20

Genesis