I was putting gas in my vehicle the other day with a gas gan. Part of the nozzle, the spring and a small piece of the tip, came of in my gas tank. Is this going to cause a problem?

Asked by Jul 31, 2015 at 08:16 AM about the 2002 Dodge Caravan

the details are in the question...i just need to know if those things floating around in my
gas tank are going to cause a problem and if I need

101,585

It could down the road, there is usually a screen in the fuel pump assembly that will not allow large particles to flow thru, but gas is very corrosive and in time it might break down the parts and enter the fuel system. There is your fuel filter down stream and I’m sure it will catch any little particles. I would make sure you change your fuel filter more often to prevent clogging. If you really want it out, you will need to remove the gas tank, but I wouldn’t really worry about it too much at this time.