Have a gm truck and my blower motor works some times

15

Asked by Apr 10, 2013 at 08:58 PM about the 1997 GMC Sierra C/K 2500

Other times when i turn it on high, it will not do anything. Than if i turn a corner or go over a bump, after a while will start working????
It seems to be intermittent when it wants to work?

98,025

The motor is old. The brushes are short. They hang up in the brush holders. When you hit a bump, they jar loose and the motor spins. Same deal if you kick it. Replace the motor.

the resistors might be not fully engaging, there is a electro- mechanical wiper that takes on corrosion from selection~

3,190

Worn bushings, worn brushes, dirty contact area on armature. Plain wore out motor. Could rebuild it, or through in new one. But first check plugin connection on motor for good friction and cleanliness.