13B Rotary into a 620!!!

15

Asked by Mar 08, 2009 at 10:54 PM about the 1978 Datsun 620 Pick-Up

For those of you who want to swap in a 13B into your 620 then stay tuned cause I will be posting the progress daily. I will be writing a very detailed description of the process. I know how hard it is to find info on this swap so I am going to be nice and help my fellow CarGurus brothers!!

15

The pics of the motor are from today.....nothing special. I pulled the L20B and just test fitted the 13B to see where the motor mounts are going to be. I had to quit to get ready for work so this is all I have at the moment. It looks like the center tie rod will need to be flipped to give that extra little bit of clearance for the oil pan. The orginal tranny is still under the truck. I will remove it tomorrow and fit up the 13B tranny. I will post pics asap. Also I will try and fabricate the motor mounts and give specs on those.

7,555

cool project.