How hard would it be to drop a Ford 302 v8 into my 79 620?

205

Asked by Aug 13, 2012 at 07:52 PM about the Datsun 620 Pick-Up

blew the little lb20 up alittle after buyin the truck an now id like to drop a v8 into it. Was thinking about dropping a 302 Ford motor in it but would like to get an idea of how hard it would be an if it would fit, and maybe get an idea of a tranny to hook up with it. im in the process of looking for a Ford 9" rear end to put under the truck. any ideas or info would be appreciated thanks

965

from what ive heard an seen u cant get it in without cutting the firewall, but i have seen them with 302's so it can be done.....i would recommend a 289, i hear those bolt up pretty easy, but i'd check out a forum

205

alright thanks man

45

Got one in mine easily . Need to massage the firewall slightly if you have high valve covers