my 1969 vw dune buggy ran out of gas and now it wont start , it turns over spits and tries to start ,maybe runs for 5 seconds and then stalls , reset the fuel pump relay ,but still wont start

Asked by Jul 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM about the 1969 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia

10

Have you tried to prim the car by adding a little gas right into the carb just use very little an Be careful very careful if it starts then dies after that you will prob need a new fuel pump

this is a duel carb set up and i did try that, didnt work.this is not an electric fuel pump