assembly of the emergency brake lever

Asked by Feb 20, 2010 at 09:08 PM about the 1968 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia

The parts of my emergency brake lever arent fitting together right inside. There is the button rod with a hook and the end and a spring on it, a sprocket with the teeth, and a small rotating part that the rod pushes on so it disengages the sprocket....but it seems like there might be something else or its not together right. The rod will push down on the rotating part and push it off the spcoket but the rotator doesnt push back in the sprocket like it should, its all loose. Where can I find a diagram or some direction?

515

The sprocket goes fixed in the base. The button and spring pulls the "teeth" to free the lever down.