im having a problem getting key out of ignition

Asked by Oct 19, 2014 at 09:28 AM about the 2004 Cadillac CTS

the key ignition will not turn all the way to get key out

17,460

Is the battery in your CTS dead?

17,460

Is it a manual transmission?

255

Also, is it in park? And possibly the steering wheel is turned exerting pressure on the locking pawl.

230

I'm having the same problem but my car won't start from ignition it only starts when you mess with the battery cables a certain way! My key was stuck and the battery was bad. I got a new battery and the same thing again.

17,460

Sounds like a bad connection at the battery, starter or under hood fuse box. They should all be clean and tight.

85

I got a recall notice for the key to be replaced, because it was causing problems like that. Look up your model and see if there is a recall on the key.

50

My factory radio got stolen out of the car , the Cadillac CTS 2003 every since the radio got stolen the car started acting that way it is a automatic , and the battery is also good.

1,020

Hey what's goin on .. I have 03 Cadillac cts they key is stuck in ignition & the car won't even crank up/ nothing will come on .. I just put a brand new batter inside so it's not the battery what else u think it could be ???

490

Nothing will come on at all (not even the lights inside the car) on my 04 Cadillac srx, the key is stuck also!! At first it was saying anti theft system on and now it will not start at all!!! HELP PLEASE!!!

310

Key stuck cadillac cts need help

90

ANSWER by Uriah ak on February 09, 2016 Thank God it's not the ecm the same thing happened to me today everybody on the forums was saying it was the ECM but it's not. Where it's shows the what gear your in like drive reverse park etc. push down that S button with the weird shape around. Push it hard even if you break it when I did this my key released and I could see all my fuel and temp gages I can take the key in and out the ignition now. I have to fix that part but I'm sure it is cheaper then replacing the ECM

210

It should be a problem with your ignition lock solenoid on the Cadillac Cts it is aebay round electric device under your steering column cover. When you turn the key back this device is supposed to move a pin that it has in the middle downwards in order to allow to turn the key back in order to take it out. Also check for the traction control light or issues that say Service Antitheft System as it can also cause this to occur

210

Mssparker1121 try reprogramming there are instructions online and usually takes about 30 minutes. When the antitheft system gets enabled it desables traction control which also tells the system when it is in Park in order to know when to release the key

210

Meant try reprogramming the key

10

No the battery is fine

120

I'm having the same problem my service anti theft light and traction control light are on and my key won't turn off all the way or come out but car will crank but my gas and temperature gage don't work please help

30

@Haley where you able to find out what the problem is minevitable did the same thing today while I am on vacation

10

has anybody figured out what the problem is? cause my Caddy is doing the same thing that Haleys car is doing? i about to spend $120.00 at the Cadillac shop to check this out... HELP

30

It's the ECM... I was able to get it through my brother's job for $400... I had another key so I just lock it and disconnect the battery when I get out of it... it's a pain in the assignment but it is a temporary fix until the part comes in

20

I have the same problem why you do you fix it can you tell me how you fix it

10

My Cadillac 04 cts was having the same problem but once I checked the battery cables it regained power and I was able to turn the ignition and power was restored. Tyj it was nothing major!

60

PLEASE HELP: I parked my car 2013 CTS and 10min later wouldn't at all start. all the power went down, they key wont come off. The gear even on N wont change. the batter is 14Voltage with new alternator. Jump started the battery and nothing. All the power inside is out cant even lock the windows . NOTHIN! someone suggested Thief control? Any advise?

60

I meant to 203 cts

20

After pages of this problem on google why is it that no one has posted an actual FIX??

if you can't get the key out, it is a bad ECM