Has anyone here pondered or found a way to have an EMP proof vehicle?

20

Asked by Apr 17, 2016 at 12:22 PM about the 1973 Ford F-100

I have heard that only a points and condenser system (after being replaced) will be running after some sort of crisis like this. Is this true? Just woke up thinking this morning...

31,365

My 2013 Kubota L4600 tractor is a vehicle that is EMP proof. It has no computer. Many vehicles that are all metal may be mostly EMP proof due to the acting as a faraday cage.

31,365

http://jalopnik.com/5937778/how-to-prepare-your-car-to-handle-an- emp-and-why-you-shouldnt-bother

Best Answer
20

I hear you and thanks for your response. I read the link you provided and along with some good info I found the author to minimize regularly throughout the article. He comes off with a "it'll never happen" nonchalance even though he is providing proof of this events imminence. Thanks for the info and the interest. More folks should stay abreast of such things but who has the time...

45

Get a old VW Bug... They can sit for years and nothing can go wrong. NO antifreeze and hoses to leak. I small generator belt. And if battery is dead You can push start them.. No computers They have generators not alternators. Real simple to work on just need Gas and oil.. They run for ever.. Good luck

45