Repair

Asked by Jun 03, 2017 at 04:53 PM about the 1972 Ford F-100

I have a 72 Ford F100, Was my grandpa's pickup. I am trying to get it running again. I believe it is something in the electrical system. When I turn the key on, no noises, lights, or gauge responses. I have replaced the starting solenoid, the voltage regulator, the battery, and I have looked at my battery cables to see if there is any corrosion, or fouled wires. I can not find any reason why I'm not getting any power, anywhere. I even pulled the starter and tested it and it works great. I really would like to get this old motor going so I can at least drive it to the car wash and clean it up. Can someone, anyone help me or give me a different place to start out at. BTW, I checked all the fuses and they are still good too.  

760

Check the electronic part of ignition. Its on the steering column. Down about halfway on top of column shaft. Make sure you have power coming in To the switch. Might not have any power going out. Also check the ignition rod that activates switch to the on position.