lost all tranny fluid at once,

Asked by May 25, 2015 at 06:54 PM about the 1971 Ford F-100

Looks like may have had water in it, nothing looks unusual around transmission

66,145

There's a transmission fluid cooler incorporated into the radiator. If it's rotted out you can get coolant in the transmission fluid and/or transmission fluid in the coolant. You'll have to flush out the transmission, which can open up a new can of worms on a 44 year old tranny, flush out the cooling system, then replace the radiator and anything else that's sprung a leak after you've flushed out the cooling system. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer