What type of automatic transmission fluid is used and where to add it for a 1970 Ford F100 Ranger?

Asked by Sep 16, 2015 at 05:08 PM about the 1970 Ford F-100

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

4 Answers


type F fluid...left rear of engine by the fire wall

2 of 2 people found this helpful.

No more to say to that!


Your local NAPA can get you Type-F. They can order it but you'll have to buy a case of 12 quarts. If you plan on keeping the truck for awhile it'll be worth it. Tupe-F is obsolete. HTH. -Jim


Well, I guess there was more...

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Looking for a Used F-100 in your area?

CarGurus has 164 nationwide F-100 listings and the tools to find you a great deal.


Search Ford F-100 Questions

Ford F-100 Experts

#1 tennisshoes
Reputation 450
#2 MrBlueOval
Reputation 310
#3 Rowefast
Reputation 280
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford Mustang
683 Great Deals out of 44,710 listings starting at $1,500
Used Ford F-250
465 listings starting at $4,390
Used Ford Bronco
197 listings
Used Chevrolet Corvette
213 Great Deals out of 22,175 listings starting at $3,850

Used Cars For Sale

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.