What is causing my carb to smoke?

1,255

Asked by Jul 12, 2012 at 03:41 PM about the 1967 Ford F-100

I own a 1967 ford F100 with the six cylinder. Its got a carter one barrel and I was wonderin what would make it smoke? Could it be needle and seats? Leakin float, too high fuel pressure? What could it be? I have no idea. Its smokes during and after running for a while. Any ideas would be great. THANKS!

18,275

Is it running fine? Never seen one smoke while running becasue of the carb itself. Firing order messed up? Alot of oil blowby?

1,255

Nope. She runs fine. Its the carb smoking itself. the truck don't smoke. Just the carb.

My ford ranger 2004 model, on idling its producing a smoke and the its itching on eyes. but when it reaches on 50 to 60m rps tghe smoke stops and it runs very smoothly and when acceralenting the turbo produces a a wistle sound. How can i solve this problem?

1,255

The turbo is supposed to make that whistle, its called "Spool up." And the reason you have the smoke while its idling is more than likely because of the TURBO itself. Or when you start it, and let it idle, its more than likely because the oil splasher has left oil on the cylinder walls. causing it to blow a little blue. And oil takes a while to burn off.