What Holley/Edelbrock Carb would convert over?

1,275

Asked by Nov 20, 2012 at 10:37 AM about the 1967 Ford F-100

I have a FoMoCo One barrel carb. I have to say, its a big pain in the ass. I was wondering what Holley/Edelbrock Carb would convert over. My truck is a 1967 Ford F100 with the 300 6 cylinder and it has manual choke. If anyone could tell me this, I'd appreciate it a lot. I need something that isn't going to leak like a siv, and it won't cause any long term problems. Cheap but yet, reliable. I'm rebuilding the truck from bottom up.

Thanks! Tyler.

Sure, there are kits to do that but for a 1967 straight 6? I looked aroung and could not find one...all I saw was converting the 360 and 690 V-8 from that wimpy 2bbl, god knows why Ford did that, it was only 480cfm. Gas was 70 cents. Jumped from 48-50 cents in -73 An Edelbrock and Holley 600 kicked that 360 up, way up, sorry tstansbro, far back as I could find.

840

i thought in 67 it was a 200ci not 300 ci unless somebody changed the engine. but if it's leaking sounds like your float adjustment is not right. seeing they had brass floats they used to get pinholes in them so the gas used to get inside and the float would drop making if flood

1,275

David-The motor was converted. It was taken out've a 1966 Ford F250 Twin Ibeam and rebuilt in 2006. That was the cheapest carb that was capable of being put on there. The carb alone is $45. I'm wondering what kind've one barrel Holley could be put on there. And/or Edelbrock. Santa-The float may not be right because I tore the whole carb apart and basically replaced and cleaned everything on it. But I did double and triple check the float because I was told about that issue. No holes. I'm thinking the reason that its leaking is because of the gasket. Its still the original gasket off of a 62 Thunderbird. Any advice relating to the conversion of carbs, would be great. Thank you, both.

The only other thing is make sure needle valve is seating in the hole when the float comes up, supposed to plug the hole but if the needle or seat is bad it will leak back in to the throat.

840

i don't know on a one barrel, i do know a lot of guys put on a 4 barrel intake and carb.shoulden't be hard to find you get more hp and more of a selection of carbs you would want to use. or you could always get a 2 barrel adapter to put on a 2 barrel

Which brings me back to when I put that Holey 600 on my '78. It ran like crap. After much reading, a 1" riser, between the carb and manifold, problem solved and ran like a raped ape

I have a 4 brl intake converted down to a two barl holley and a 500 holley carb, never used