Electronic Control Module

Asked by Feb 07, 2010 at 07:03 PM about the 1983 Lincoln Continental

I have purchased an electronic control module for my lincoln continental (1983).  It is marked "brain".
My question is:  Will this control the speedometer and fuel gauge that are not working.  This is why I purchased it.

245

it might but, its also possible that the gauge cluster is halfway burnt out. your just gonna have to try swaping out the "brain" first and see what happens. it may fix it since it is a problem that does occur

it wont control your spedo. has a spedogear in your trans. you also have sender in the tank for the gas gauge. your car is oldschool.

245

crap, i dident relize yesterday that you bought a ECM. that only controls the engine related stuff. however, there is a module that does control the electronic readout display but, i still say your cluster is fried if nothing shows up on the fuel and speedo side.