79 Lincoln, Conti. 30K, Transmission.

Asked by Feb 01, 2015 at 12:08 PM about the 1979 Lincoln Continental

This is my cruising to visit people car. I do not use it as a daily. I would like to get better mileage. Was thinking about a six speed out of something else. What do suggest. I imagine something custom fabricated would be out of possibilities for me.

66,545

6 speed automatic requires transmission control module and lots of custom work. Could it be done? Yes, anything is possible. Would it be expensive? Very! Why not just do a tune up on the engine and make sure the tires are properly inflated to get the best mileage you can?

80,345

Bob is right. In the long run it wouldn't be worth it. Especially since you don't use the car every day. Keep the car properly maintained and you'll not only get good gas mileage but you'll have your cruiser for many years to come. HTH. -Jim