I have a 1979 Lincoln Continental Williamsburg Edition. It has 2 switches on the floor, left corner. The lower one is the dimmer switch but I don't know what the upper one is for. Any ideas? Thanks.

Asked by May 07, 2014 at 03:39 PM about the 1979 Lincoln Continental

The switch I'm inquiring about isn't in the manual.  I can't figure out what it goes to.  This
car was owned by my grandfather, one owner, and it's not been modified.  This is a factory
switch.

223,575

Did you try activating it?

The second swith or "upper" switch was a feature used to control the volume of the dashboard radio/8-track player. mine has the same switch.

The upper switch is the "seek" or "scan" button for the radio. In my case, I have the new-fangled electronically-tuned 8 track radio. One button push scans stations, another push locks in the station it's presently on. There are redundant buttons on the radio face itself. This floor switch is a throwback to the older "signal seeking" analog dial radios (GM, Ford, Chrysler) from the 1940s-1970s.

PS - I have a 1979 Continental Town Car.