how do i boost my horse power 67 volvo p 1800 B18 ENGINE

35

Asked by Mar 27, 2014 at 09:47 PM about the 1967 Volvo P1800

hi there i like too boost my  67 volvo P 1800  extra horse power i put on a street
performance kit / deck the block / over sized pistons / over sized push rods / double
springs  / cam  / timing gear  / rebuilt su carbs  / electric ignition /  springs -  shocks  
lowed it /    is there any thing else i can do please i have only one chance at this

36,175

I think you're there. BTW nice looking ride :-)

1,205

Lose the SU's in place of a carb, or carbs that have an acceleration pump. Weber used to offer a single downdraught kit w/a 32-36 DGV, or you could opt for dual 42's. 45's are too big for that engine and you would have nothing but trouble trying to tune them. Lightening the flywheel will "free up" wasted hp. If you could fond one these days, or better still, have one built, a street header would also free up the breathing. for the street, I'd recommend a 4-2-1 design, and be sure the primaries are not too large. I think the standard of the day were 1-3/4" primaries, and usually in a 4-1 design, which I always thought too big for a low revving engine like the B18/B20's. It reduces the amount of velocity for extracting exhaust gasses too much. In short, you lose low end torque in the process. And yes, it is a nice looking ride!! I miss my '65 sometimes.

35

thanks to all i put mikuni carbs 44 mm jets 85 WOW 0/60 6.3 sec im there now im looking into A/C with electric A/C compressor no horse power loss hope it works no one has done this yet that i know of !!