Original Steering wheel wrapped in vinyl

Asked by Apr 23, 2015 at 01:02 PM about the 1969 Volvo P1800

Hey guys, I just purchased a real nice 1800s 1969 and the steering wheel is crap.
It's wrapped in vinyl. I like the car as original as possible, however I am looking for help.
Should I remove the wrap that surround the steering

6,805

If you don't like it remove it, if the wheel under the wrap is bad have the steering restored.

325

Almost any classic car buffs would tell you, that you have a couple of options.. one would be to remove the wrap/leather, have the leather restitched/replaced after having the steering wheel replated or simply locate another steering wheel from the same year/model.