My SRS light is on as well as my central warning system light. What I am wondering is, if the SRS light gets turned out, will the central warning light go out as well?

Asked by Apr 02, 2014 at 12:28 AM about the 1997 Saab 900 4 Dr S Hatchback

I am in the middle of an out of province inspection and they are demanding my SRS issue be corrected in order to pass the inspection. I'm not quite sure how it affects the fellow traffic safety outside of the car. Anyways, I am wondering if the central warning light will go out with it when the issue is corrected? or will that be another issue? No other lights are on except the classic "check engine" light.
Oh and my entire dash keeps flicking on and off

33,765

SRS=Air Bags. You'll want them working in case of a crash. As for your CEL light, there are codes stored in you cars computer that need to be addressed. As for the dash? It's probably a bad ground someplace.

855

SRS might be a expencive thing to fix if its something else then a bad connection that causes it. Worst case you have to replace the airbags. ( EXPENCIVE STUFF). Since you are writing that the dash is flikkering, it indicates that there is something wrong in the electric department. Recommend a computer check in the OBD port by the dealership. Alternate options are. - Check the Batteris condition , if its old it might have to be replaced) - Replace the main fuse in the circut board, also check if theres any humidity in the fusebox! Water might have interfered in someway into the electric systems, look espcially after " moist areas" / leaks after spraying you'r car heavly with water on the outside .

do you have an aftermarket radio in your car?

Yes. So y. Also have a battery drain