3.4 engine swap???

45

Asked by Dec 05, 2008 at 07:10 PM about the 1997 Pontiac Sunfire 2 Dr SE Coupe

i have a sunfire with a 2.2 and i wont to drop a 3.4 in to it what all do i need to get and do???

65

You will need new mounts and a wire harness and a bunch of other little stuff. Its almost easier to go buy a GAGT with one in it.

2,075

your best bet is to go on google and search - there are many clubs that have online forums where you can get better info on what you are looking for. if you can't find any info on google about it, don't even attempt it.

45

i have a 3.4 out of a grand am gt ram air

85

if you are stilll looking into doing this why dont you just do a 3.8 supercharged swap a couple of the guys in my car club(club grand prix) have pulled that motor and installed it in the sunfire and the grand am. well hit me up if you interested i could give you a hole list of what all you would need.

45

i do have a 3.8 out of a la sade would a supercharger off a gran prix fit on it ???

10

i want that list if you got it for a 96 2.4 sunfire

75

a welder, unless you do it , and alot of work , you will need the mounts wiering harnes trans all electronics from under the hood incl the fuse box , from the 3.4 the cars going to be heavyer too with more tork so keep that in mind ,and you may need to cut and move some stuff, not recomended.. but if you dont have anything better to do , its been done before , good luck...

5

Ive heard of people dropping 3800 super charged motors from grand prix into sunfires. you would just need different mounts and the wiring harness, as well as the tranny, i cant see it being to difficuilt

10

hi, you have something posted from 08 to a guy asking about doing a 3.4 swap into a sunfire, im kinda thinking about doing the same, only i want the 3800 in my sunfire. jw if you could kinda help me out with that

im looking to do the same thing to my car, could you give me a list of stuff? be very helpful.

i cant decide between either a 3800 super charged or a 3400 in my 2001 sunfire, i want to use my original transmission but if it wont direct bolt up to the transmission i would like to know what all i need and if the factory body wiring harness will direct clip into the 3800 wiring hareness

10

yooo i want that list on how to drop a 3.8 supercharged into my 2001 pontiac sunfire , ive been wanting to d this for 2 and a half years now , every one says it cant be done ??? ive seen it ,i just dont have the know how to do it , email me with the list if ya can thanks , cheers from ontario

Can you give me list of what I'll need for swap