How can I tell if my 1997 Pontiac Bonneville has keyless entry installed already?

Asked by Jan 23, 2011 at 05:05 PM about the 1997 Pontiac Bonneville 4 Dr SE Sedan

I just purchased this vehicle, My last car had keyless entry, I had it for 4 years and get so dependant on it. The dealer that I had bought the car from didn't have any remotes, so I just want to know how I can tell if MY car has it.   

10

Call a GM/Buick dealer and ask to speak to the service department. Tell them you want to purchase remotes and have them programmed, but you aren't sure if your car is equipped with keyless entry. Then, give the dealer you VIN number and see if he can determine if it was installed. I would recommend going to Amazon.com or Ebay and purchasing the remotes for pennies on the dollar compared to a dealer price. Also you should be able to follow simple instructions found online to program the remote yourself. My dealer just quoted me $45 to program remotes on my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Thanks for Info Planehopr It really works Out for me. http://replacemyremote.com/products-by-make/jeep.html