My power windows on a 1999 Firebird won't work intermittently. The motor and switch have been replaced. I have noticed that this only happens when the light on the clock on the dash won't come on.

Asked by Jun 25, 2015 at 03:32 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Firebird Base

The motor and switch have been replaced on the driver's side. It then worked for awhile
but won't work again at times. I have noticed that this problem only occurs when the
clock light on the dash goes out. Could this be an ignition problem? The last time it
happened, it lasted for a month and then the clock light came on at start up and the
windows worked.

It's most likely the BCM (Body Control Module). The BCM is located under/behind the glove compartment, and due to vibrations (and poor construction) the soldering on the contacts come loose. Fortunately, this is cheaply fixable. You can remove the BCM and do the re-soldering in just a couple of hours. If you do a search, you can find You-Tube videos and written/illustrated instructions easily. Hope this helps!