windshield washer does not work

130

Asked by Jan 18, 2013 at 09:37 PM about the 1996 Ford Windstar 3 Dr GL Passenger Van

1996 windstar- the front windshield washer does not work..the rear window washer does work...is this the same
pump for both?-how do you fix the front window washer..pump..? thanks

8,495

I believe there are two pumps, one for the front one for the rear. The rear may be mounted at the back in a separate reservoir. Pumps on Fords are mounted in the bottom of the reservoir. Unto the retaining bolt and unplug the wiring harness and delivery hose. There is a spring clip you pry out then the pump pulls out of the reservoir. Slide the new one in, press on the seal, and install the new spring clip that comes with the pump. The pumps are readily available about anywhere, and cost about $20. All in, the job takes about 30 minutes to do properly. It is actually slower and more expensive to do a jerry rig with an aftermarket in line pump.

130

Thank you Michael.. If I undue the 2 screws at the top of the tank does the reservoir than just slip out? Did you buy a generic pump or a ford replacement? Thanks