does your ford windstar stall on acceleration?

90

Asked by Sep 05, 2014 at 10:31 PM about the 2001 Ford Windstar LX

I NEED to know how to find out if the van stalled when I accelerated

How do I find out if the van stalled when accelerated?
I had been having problems with it stalling pretty much all day but it was bout  half and half stalling while driving and the other half while coming from a complete stop.
ANY help will be GREATLY appreciated ...
Are there codes that the computer will tell me or ???

61,365

Is this a pic of the van,?If so,i really see a lot of damage.

61,365

But back to your question,check the fuel pressure,may be weak pump,and filter,s.

61,365

If engine light is on,yes there are code,s.

90

yes this was my 2001 Ford Windstar LX Van. It happened this past Wednesday Sept. 3rd 2014. The only lights on the dashboard were the ABS, Light Notification Sensors eg brake, turn signal lights etc ... and the Tire Pressure light. The was NO engine light on

61,365

You may just have a bent gas line,

61,365

But with radiator like that,there is more damage than you can see.

90

this was my vehicle prior to the accident on Wednesday sept. 3rd 2014:

90

this info is kinda useful, but is not what I am looking for, I would much rather like to know if the vehicle threw off any codes at the very moment the other vehicle that hit us. are there codes that tell one if the vehicle stalled out, or am I barking up the wrong tree ... Not at all looking to repair this vehicle, looking to find out whether or not it stalled when I hit the gas to get my van up to enough speed to get into the lane that I was attempting to get into, just before we were broadsided taking off the front of the van, literally ripping off the entire front end of the van clear off the vehicle. I can remember there was no ummph to get going. when I accelerated there was nothing. one moment the engine was running, the next there was nothing, then we got hit. so I guess I answered my own question, but I would like to know if this has happened to anybody else out there ...

90

I basically need proof that my engine stalled out, and am looking to find out if anyone, or anybody knows of anyone that the same thing has happened to you or them and how did you determine that it was the engine stalling out on you whether or not you have had an accident or have came awful freakin close. are there codes that tell whomever that either yes, this vehicle stalled on acceleration or no it did not. I did a recall search online and found that the fuel system has a recall on it, but I am not a mechanic and do or do not know if that would be the cause of Wednesdays crash

61,365

Your van computer,doe,s not hold a time memory anyway,it will only hold a code,not the time it happened,may be this will help you with your question.

148,655

http://www.edmunds.com/car-technology/car-black-box-recorders-capture-crash-data.html ... read that page may help

148,655

http://www.harristechnical.com/downloads/EDR%20List.pdf ..your car has one, 2001 Windstar is on the list

61,365

I didn,t know windstar flew with a black box, : )