1998 Ford Windstar EGR/DPFE

50

Asked by Jun 09, 2015 at 08:55 PM about the 1998 Ford Windstar 3 Dr LX Passenger Van

Hello

I have a 1998 Ford Windstar, I have just replaced the EGR Valve and the DPFE Sensor and for some reason I still have a check engine light on. I am probably going to replace the Vaccum Solenoid next in hopes of fixing this issue. I have checked all the connecters and cleaned them, Ohm'd them out and have replaced pretty much all the vaccum tubing as well. Didn't know if anyone had any other suggestions as to what else may be the problem or any answers that could help me out in my efforts.

18,800

You can take your vehicle to most parts stores like auto zone or other and they will read your check engine light code for free instead of guessing what the problem is.

94,925

Did you clear the computer after the work was done?

50

Yes I have cleared all the codes multiple times with my own Genysis Pro multiple times, but It still seems to reappear. and it is the same code repeatedly.

94,925

Back a number of years ago I had a Taurus that the DPFE kept failing, put one on, clear the code, make sure it was clear drive just a few seconds and the code came back, anyway to make short found too much exhaust back pressure was damaging the internal diaphragm I have only had 1 Ford do that to me, might not be your problem but it is worth a look.

I have a question about my ford windstar 1998 some days ago comes ch engine warning light i remove air flow meter air filter plus clean inside with wd40 now race is gone high no coming down its reaches over 2rpm so what can i do with this