Security light was on and car won't start

25

Asked by Jul 24, 2007 at 04:36 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Firebird Convertible

today, my car wouldn't start. The battery seemed to be good (everything worked) but I noticed that my "security" light was on. It wasn't trying to turn over or click when attempting to start. I was told that there are different modules in the car which would keep it from starting. Also, only a few days ago, my driver's window motor broke (or seemed to not work suddenly). Any ideas? Thx!

455

The reason it wont start probally is cause the ignition module is shut off and thats why you are not getting anything, not even a click when you try to start the car.

50

i have a 93 firebird and had the same problem i asked around and they said it could be the ignition module but i ended up finding out that it was my key. Check to see if your key chip isnt worn out(small silver thing on top part of key) if it is just try your spare. if its not that it could be your alarm system just reset your relay switch

40

My 1994 pontic firebird won't start and I no everything works great on it I put a new fuel pump on it and fuel filter what could be the problem to keep it from starting up any amwer