What is causing my 1998 Pontiac Firebird not to start when the security light is on and you get nothing with the key?

Asked by Jun 15, 2015 at 01:34 AM about the 1998 Pontiac Firebird Base

For 2 years I have had this problem. Security comes on and the car will not start. After about 2 1/2 minutes the light goes out  and the car will start every time. Now, the security light will not come on and the car will not start.

Time for a upgrade, bubba! Put the Pontiac to rest and just let it RIP, baby! NOW, time to sliiide on down to your local Chevy Dealer and rock out the new Camaro, get yours on pre-order today!! Hollar at me for a special GM employee discount and a $50 giftcard :)

4,705

Could be a long list of things to check but a good shop could nail it in a short amount of time. The fix will undoubtedly be cheaper than a new car and Firebirds like yours are still good vehicles!

1,135

Bad ass cars the Birds rule