i have aztek ran outta gas put gas in all of sudden started sounding and acting funny ive took it to afew repair shops one says its a plate in the head the other say engine module the other saied i need awhole new engine cause theres no pressure in the back of engine someone please help!!! i dont know what to do

10

Asked by Oct 23, 2013 at 03:20 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Aztek AWD

my sister drove it till it almost ran outta gas it stalled out at the gas station put gas in started acting funny before all that it was running good no problems at all no sounds at all.

287,315

You probably sucked up some dirt from the bottom of the fuel tank into the fuel filter and lines. Check your fuel pump and then drain/clean all the fuel lines, tank, and replace the fuel filter and have the injectors removed and cleaned. Please don't replace your engine. Find a shop that will listen to you and don't let your sister drive the car again. :-)

Best Answer Mark helpful
10

Would u know how much it all should cost?& what type a car shop should go to? I've got my oil changed not to long ago the replaced the fuel filter but it was a defective piece so they replaced it but I'm going to go back to them in the am my my engine does not shake when I step on break the car start to putt &sounds like it's running.outta gas but i know its not this mechanicsaid that's cause of low pressure that that a cylinder are piston is in getting im sorry i really don't know about cars :( but what your telling sounds rite to me cause why would my engine mess up just like that?

287,315

I'm not there and only guessing, but hope you get your Aztek running properly. I don't have a number on cost. Start with the small cheaper stuff and work from there. Like the filter, and flow test the injectors, etc.

10

Thanks im going to try cause i was told 1,200 for rebuilt engine&labor i really can't afford I've only had the truck for 7months it ran great until this Friday that passed it still drives good until i break lol then u can hear all the putts it also makes a whining noise when i turn to park tight turns i guess i can say i just hope i don't have to junk it :(

287,315

Whining noise while turning could be a power steering pump, plus sounds like you have other issues, and the poor Pontiac is on it's last leg. Like you said, you don't want to put too much money into a vehicle that is not worth all that much. Get estimates and decide before any work is done.

10

Thankyou hopefully i get some good news tomorrow but thanks

I have a 2003 Pontiac Aztec my car was doing the same thing and it's your cylinders what happens is your car acts like its running out of gas and it's not it shakes and that's not the problem I had to replace number two and number four cylinder in the front if you have to replace back ones you need a new motor and that's 6,000 or more