Pontiac montana extended awd front wheel bearing torque nut torque spec. And can you reuse the original nut?

Asked by May 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM about the 2003 Pontiac Montana Base Extended AWD

I had to replace both my front wheel bearings on my 2003 pontiac montana at 55K miles.  
I thought this was premature but had no choice.  I bought replacement bearings and
installed them torquing the nut to 100 ft-lbs.  When it went to get it inspected the drivers
side wheel bearing was loose allowing the wheel too much movement to pass inspection.  
Are the axle nuts one use?  What is the correct torque for these axle nuts.

I do believe the torque was correct....or a little high, I was going to call out 80-90 lbs torque, but the problem is not there...I believe it is the shoulder/spindle and/or control arm bushings and/or lower ball joint that is loosey-goosey~

...I mean, what are the chances of your torque being incorrect? a handfull of sawdust could have been thrown into the grease, breakin' down over time, making it not hold, but as I recall a cotter pin and fancy metal washer making it so nothin' moves...so has to be debris in there altering your torque, or this isn't the problem...it's a lower ball joint....an alignment shop could tell you if this was still in spec.~

106,505

I think your torque is low. The Grand Am has a torque spec of 175 when using the newer solid nut on the axle.

106,505

I found the following - You need to also remove the big shaft nut. When replacing make sure axle nut (33mm) is torqued to spec. [160Nm (118lb ft); hub bolts (13mm) torque spec: 130Nm (96lb ft) - 2000 Montana] --- The Grand Am uses a larger nut (36mm) thus the higher torque.