96 Taurus - Accumalator/Dryer, Orifice Tube Question.

5

Asked by Sep 02, 2011 at 02:23 AM about the 1996 Ford Taurus GL

I have a 96 Taurus that I replaced the AC compressor and the accumulator/dryer.  Unfortunately, the after market Acc/dryer I purchased isn't shaped quite right where connects at the firewall.  I was able to twist it enought to make a good connection, but now there is a major kink in the rubber tubing.  At first I thought I got the wrong part, but I read the reviews and looked at the pics of 2 other aftermarket Acc/dryers and they are shaped the same.  I'm thinking about just taking it to a shop, having them pull a vaccum, charge it and see how it works.  Any thoughts?  Also, I have been unable to find where the orifice tube is located.  I have a new one to put in, but can't find where it goes.  If it's too much trouble I'm just gonna let it be.  The compressor didn't fail, it just was leaking freon.  The system should be pretty clean.  

75

YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO FIX THE HOSE OR ITS GOIMG TO BE A PROBLEM , ALSO THE ORFICE TUBE SHOULD BE IN THE SMALL ALL ALUMINUM LINE .HOPE THAT HELPS KENNY SPEED

5

by fix, do you think I could somehow modify the line? I'm only trying to keep this car for another year or two, but I'd like the AC to at least half way work. I'd hate to put anymore money into it. Thanks for the info on the orfice tube, I'll try to find it the next day I have off.

no on modified line.

75

I'd have to see it but more than likley not . Can't you return the part and get the coorect one

5

I can't return the one I got. I've had it too long. I think I spent 45 bucks for it. I'm looking at having to by the motorcraft one which is about 140 bucks. Was trying to avoid spending that kind of money. I already spending 150 on the compressor.