My 2003 pontiac turns over but won't start I replaced the timing chain crankshaft sensor manifold gaskets and camshaft sensor it has spark plus there is gas the fuel pump does work can anyone help?

30

Asked by Aug 11, 2014 at 03:15 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SE

I have replaced all these parts and
still won't start

1,120

did you change the timing chain because it broke? If so you have bent valves and need new heads, reman'd. a compression test will confirm this.

Best Answer
30

No I just changed it cause I thought it was the timing chain it's got good compression

67,375

Are the fuel injectors spraying? Use a noid light and see if the fuel injectors are getting a trigger signal from the computer (PCM). Did you replace/check the camshaft sensor? Was the service engine soon light on before it died? If so, did you pull the trouble code(s)? HTH. -Jim

30

Yes the injectors are spraying and I replaced camshaft sensor and no dice

67,375

Have you replaced the spark plugs? They may be gasoline fouled. With spark, fuel, and compression it should be running. Pull the spark plugs. If they're wet and smell of gasoline replace them. Also check that you have the correct spark plug wires going to the correct cylinders. HTH. -Jim

30

That's under stable I can't still figure out why it won't start thnks

4,585

Check injector timing. If they are spraying 180 degrees off the car won't run. If you can get the engine to fire up when you spray gas down the throttle body, that's probably what's going on.

67,375

Good catch, Norm! Hadn't thought of that. -Jim

30

It does pass gas and if I spray gas in the throttle body it won't start nothing happens the timing is at top dead center

67,375

Have you checked the spark plugs? Gasoline fouled plugs won't fire. HTH. -Jim

bad fuel pressure regutator will dump fuel into manifold and it cant start if you smell gas, that could be the issue also - pull vacuum hose off regulator and see if any gas is in there - there should be no gas at all.

you can go through this site - it is GOLD!! ........http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm/3.8L/ignition-module-and-crank-sensor-test-1

here is the proper link............ http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm/3.8L/ignition-module-and-crank-sensor-test-1