Having trouble with my car , I have got the codes 34 and 44 but the Mass Air Flow Sensor was changed about maybe 2 years ago. I have also changed the crankshaft sensor, fuel filter and pump

Asked by Apr 28, 2014 at 05:52 PM about the 1988 Pontiac Bonneville LE

Please help I have been working on this for
about two weeks now and can't seem to
find the problem

17,065

codes shmodes - is the car running ok? I ran a Mercury Marquis Wagon for 4 years with a check engine light and diagnosic codes coming out my ying - yang. Does it start easily,run smoothly? Is it burning oil.leaking fluid,.smoking overheating? Do you have grinding,knocking,ticking noises? If not - drive it , keep oil changed,checked rad,tran fluid and oil levels when you gas up and ignore the d m codes. IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE other than codes then describe them. Best diagnostic tools are still your eyes - your ears - and the feel of the car, ,

The problem is that it shuts off every now and then when I start it, and will shut off when I'm driving it. My code is saying mass air flow sensor

17,065

okay - so it's more than just the code flashing that's wrong, the car isn't running, everything that codes isn't to be worried about but you need to follow the warning being given and fix that sensor ( fix means replace)