My heater quit working. I was reading about blower motor and resistors. I know how to change the blower motor, but how do you change the blower motor resistor?

80

Asked by Nov 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM about the 2004 Pontiac Bonneville SE

We replaced the heater blower once and it worked on one speed, then it quit, we rewired the fan, and it blew.  so it wasn't the fan.  I haven't tried the resistor yet but I will If I can find out how to change it.

seen a lot of control panels stop workin' lately~ find a utube video for the resistor, but when they go, they default to one speed----high. so the control panel with the switches most likely is the culprit~ https://www.google.com/#q=2004+Pontiac+Bonneville+heater+control+panel &tbm=shop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLR-Db3g3VU

80

I don't think its the control panel, when the motor blower was hooked up the right way, it wouldn't blow at all. The only way the motor blower would run, was directly wiring it to the battery. The control panel still works for the rear defrost, and when the motor blower was wired to the battery, I could still change where the heat blew with the control panel. we also already tried replacing the control panel. Thankyou for your advice about utube. I think its the resistor. I just needed to know how to change it. Which I seen a video. Im going to try it as soon as I buy the part. If it doesn't work, Ill be back on here looking for help =) ty

you aren't gonna like this~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLR-Db3g3VU

80

nothing comes up with that site?

80

K it came up, Ill try the resistor, if that doesn't work ill take it to the shop, cause whatever those guys are talking about,, I am so lost, and I have no idea why they are in the hood of the car when the motor blower is inside the car under the passengers seat. Hopefully the problem isn't what they are having. The motor blower worked when properly hooked up, but worked on high. then it just quit. so I gess after the transistor, and fan, fuse and relay, then control panel, if its none of them, I guess its something that those guys were trying to do lol I hope not, ty though...gives me an idea of what it could be.

those guys are ass clowns, but he did point out an under rated for amperage connectors what would smoke and finally trackin and splicin was able to make the junkyard blower do the job...will track down the resistor pack for you~

okay, this is a plug-in type affair...a box about the size of a bar of soap...will find that video fer ya~ https://www.google.com/#q=2004+Pontiac+Bonneville+SE+blower+resistor& tbm=shop

that video showed a different style, different car~ sorry gonna have to tough it out...it's under the glovebox....you might start by pulling out the glovebox unless you can chimpity-chimp your way around...and inspection mirror from NAPA may make things easier~

80

Thankyou very much, I don't think its going to be hard, just a very tight pot. Ill be in touch and let you know if it works. Ty for your feedback. The video was very helpful and I never thought of researching it on utube

??...I replaced the blower motor & the resistor module (285.00)..still not running...I only read 4 volts at the connection for the motor??...can you help?