water on rear passenger floor

Asked by Aug 07, 2011 at 07:58 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP

Hey guys I'm new to this forum, just bought an 04 Bonnevill GXP dark ming blue 81000 m great car fun to drive.The problem I am just now finding out is that I have a leak that looks like it is coming from under the front passenger seat and  the water run to the back floor.We just had a rain storm here in Columbus Oh and that's when I found it.So if any body can give me any ideas of where to start looking would be a great help.I'm thinking the doors but I don't know.

Sounds like one of the door seals (rubber) is shot. Fairly normal, even in high end cars. Most body shops can help.

A good way to test this is to hose the side with the leak (with windows rolled all the way up and doors shut). Let it soak for a good 3 to 5 minutes, then check inside for where the water is.

Well that's what I thought too but the seat is dry the carpet by both door's is dry.I'll try what the other guy suggested,run water over the area and see where it comes in,I should have thought of that DA.Thank guys.

105

I just posted my first question here and saw your post. In my 99 Bonne one day after a weekend of heavy rain there was a puddle in the back rear floor where a person sitting in the back passenger's seat feet would be. Had no clue how it got there and why anything would puddle up there. It also stunk. I dried it out with a towel, blow-dried it and then used a heavy duty carpet cleaner to get the stink out. It has rained many times since then and it has never happened again, so if you get a reply that explains it let me know.

195

I have seen this before. If your car has a sunroof this will apply if not idk. There are four drainage hoses that run from each corner down each of the pillars. They can become disconnected, rotten or backed up. Any of these can cause a leak. I would check the one that corresponds to the corner the leak is at. This does require removing the headliner and rear seats but following the hoses should reveal the source of the leak, good luck