Where to find motor mounts for Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L V6 for a good price and any tips for changing them are welcome also.

Asked by May 25, 2014 at 08:28 PM about the 2006 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe

I need to replace all motor mounts and can't even find them all to buy at a fair price and I
need all do's and don't for replacing as this will be the first time I have changed all motor
mounts on any vehicle.

264,015

I use www.rockauto.com for my auto parts. Advance Auto and auto zone are other's. You will be purchasing aftermarket parts.

264,015

Your best bet is to pick a Pontiac service manual or join this site and ask the experts....http://www.g6ownersclub.com

4,875

Tom is right, but a fair price is probably in the $90's each, and you have 3 (front, RR, LR). But why are you replacing them if you don't mind me asking? It's easy to test them with a prybar. To replace them: Jack the engine slightly to take the load off the mounts. Replace them one at a time, set the bolts finger tight, don't torque them until all are in place. Lower the engine to just barely load the mounts, and tighten them to the factory specs.

10

The whole engine shifts around when I change gears and I think the engine and motor are out of alignment because it dies every time I put it in gear and the engine light isn't coming on to give me a code.

10

I bought with a salvaged title so there is no telling wtf is wrong with this damn car I just love it so much I am afraid it will eat up all my savings rapidly and never be worth what I put in it.

4,875

Got it. You can check each mount with a prybar, to see if you can move the engine off the mount where the rubber connectors are bonded to it. It would be unusual for all three to go at once but anything is possible if the car was driven hard and poorly maintained. A salvage title car isn't necessarily a bad deal, but you have to expect some problems. Motor mounts are fixable! Good luck, it's still a great car.

10

thanks for your help hopefully after I get everything lined up it will be okay