what would make my dome light suddenly come on and start blinking?

Asked by May 14, 2012 at 01:07 AM about the 1996 Plymouth Neon 4 Dr STD Sedan

I was driving with my brights on one night, when suddenly the dome light started blinking on and off and I didn't have it on!
(It normally works the way it should when I open the door or turn on the switch)

7,055

Have either a door not closed all the way or one of the four door ajar switches are bad, and of course 2 if its a 2 door.

I had that problem with my neon i just stuck some thick tape on the door frame where the light switch hits, and it stayed off.

I have a 2000 Plymouth neon the doom light stays on and I have no parking lights or dash light I check the fuse and put in a brand new fuse in it could some one help me