When parking, backup or brake lights are on the right, Passenger side rear lights all dim and when right turnsignal is on all 3 flash weakly, any ideas? I have replaced flasher already.

15

Asked by Dec 06, 2012 at 02:26 PM about the 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette 4 Dr GL Passenger Van Extended

I have a 2001 Olds Silhouette and it started out when we would put the right turn signal on and hit the
brake all the right rear lights would flash dimly. Now if the parking, brake or backup lights are on or used
it does it. I replaced the flasher and it didn't make any difference. Don't know what caused it to start, as
there was no damage done or other electrical problem when this started up. Any suggestions or
experience would be greatly appreciated.

33,685

Brake lights run through the turn signal switch and there's a possibility the switch is bad.

15

I finally found the problem. The ground wire going to the right rear lights had burned off. Had to replace it and that fixed the problem. No Ground!!